HealthForce MN historical milestones
- Awarded Regional Incentive Grants totaling $48,000 to Pine Technical College, Vermillion Community College, Lake Superior College and Winona High School.
- Funded $94,420 for programs through the Moving Experience Forward Grants.
- Tracked more than $1.161 million in leveraged dollar amounts after receiving state appropriation funding and carryover monies for FY09. A total of 9,481 participants were served from the projects and partners in FY09.
- First Adult Scrubs Camp was attended by 89 people at Winona State University – Rochester.
- Invested $647,744 in FY08 and $850,688 in FY09 for projects that extend throughout the state of Minnesota.
- Created first Scrubs Camp for high school students in grades 9 – 12. Focused on engaging first generation students. Sixty-six students attended camp and partners donated 22 of the 26 needed scholarships for student attendance.
- Sponsored Lean Conference.
- Hosted second annual Health Careers Day Camp (formerly named Med Camp) for middle school students in grades 6 - 8.
- Awarded 27 scholarships to teachers, counselors and administrators to attend the Health Science Biomedical Program of Study.
- HealthForce Minnesota and K-12 hosted first ever Health Careers Camp; 60+ participants
- HealthForce Minnesota awards 20 FY08 projects totaling $593,618
- First Lean in Healthcare Conference
- Awarding of funding to first 15 projects and 3 study groups at approximately $738,000
- Award of first leveraged grant—Minnesota Job Skills partnership, $260,000
- Two partner consortia apply for $2 million Department of Labor grants with HealthForce Minnesota as a partner
- Issuance of RFP for second round of projects
- Review of FY 2007 RFP responses totaling: $1,049,582
- Microsoft award to supplement HealthForce Minnesota FY 2006 project announced by Minnesota State Southeast Technical College
- Award of second round of HealthForce Minnesota awards totaling $768,554
back to top
- Governor's proclamation regarding the Centers of Excellence
- Winona State University and partners respond to state of Minnesota and the Centers of Excellence request for proposal
- Award of Center of Excellence to Winona State University and Partners
- Launch of HealthForce Minnesota organization network; 15 partners, 134 members
- Beginning of leveraged grant through the Department of Labor and HealthForce Minnesota; Healthcare Academy in Albert Lea and Austin with focus on simulation
- Issuance of Request for Proposals for first round of projects